Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Petaluma Project

I usually work by photographing what I see in the spur of the moment.  If I think it is worthy to make a photograph of something I see, I make the photograph then and there.  I rarely light a subject, or pose a subject, or have a rigidly pre-defined vision of what I want to do.

In order to shake things up, I am going to do a pre-defined photographic project: photographing Petaluma "Landmarks".  To mix it up further, some of the photographs may be in B&W or Sepia and not just in color.  Now I just have to determine what are the landmarks that are unique to Petaluma, and when is the best time of day or year to photograph them.

If you have an idea about what constitutes a Petaluma Landmark, let me know.  In a few months, I should have several of the photographs done, and at some point I may display them in my gallery in downtown Petaluma.  In the meantime, here is an example of the type of photographs I intend to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment